Friday, June 25, 2010
The Forks Township BoS held a meeting on June 17, 2010. The following are some of the key actions taken by the board.
1. Approved the concept of the Parks and Recreation 5 year plan and submitted about 12 comments to the Parks and Recreation Standing Committee. Vote: 4 to 0
2. The Recreation Board presented the updated Recreation Board Ordinance to the BoS. The board agreed to submit comments to the township solicitor by July 21, 2010. Vote: 4 to 0.
3. The board approved the Eastern Spade Toad Assessment Proposal funding. The approved amount was $1073.00. Vote: 4 to 0
4. The board discussed the proposed communication plan between the BoS and the Planning Commission. The purpose of the plan is to improve communications. The approved a motion to have agenda for all Planning Commission meetings. Vote: 3 to 1.
5. The board renewed a 2 year contract for Signal Service INC. The cost of the contract is $2,975. Vote: 4 to 0.
6. Approved a amount not to exceed $20,000 to connect the Recreation Path between Wagon Wheel Drive to Penn's Ridge and Vista Estates. Vote: 4 to 0.
7. The board approved a proposed change to the Forks Township personnel guide. The proposal will prohibit any BoS member from holding the position of township manager for a period of 5 years after leaving the board. Additionally, the motion stated that township employees will not be eligible to run for township elected positions. The solicitor was directed to research and provide a draft proposal to the board.