Sunday, January 09, 2011
- Chairman – David Billings - Nominated by Gioia/seconded by Egolf - 4:1 Chuss cast the nay.
- Vice Chairman – Lilly Gioia - Nominated by Howell/seconded by Egolf - 4:1 Chuss cast the nay.
- Secretary/Treasurer – C. David Howel - Nominated by Gioia/seconded by Billings – 3:2 Chuss, Egolf cast the nay.
PNC Bank and PLGIT were voted in as depositories for Forks Township. Signatures of either two Supervisors or one Supervisor and the Township Manager are required for withdrawals from accounts including from the general fund, the utility fund, the escrow account, the tax account, etc.
- Township Manager - Rick Schnaedter – 3:0:2 – Gioia, Howell Abstain
- Assistant Secretary and Assistant Treasurer of the General Fund - NONE
- Township Solicitor - Karl Kline ($155/hr - up from $150 last year)
- Alternate Township Solicitor - Steve Goudsouzian ($155/hr - up from $150 last year)
- Solicitor for Zoning Hearing Board - Michael Shay
- Engineering Firm - Gilmore & Associates
- Township Engineer - Scott C. Muller - Gilmore & Associates
- Auditing Firm - France, Anderson, Basile & Company, P.C.
- Earned Income and Local Services Tax Collector - Mary Ann Kessler
- Assistant Collector - Carolyn Bucar
- Business Privilege Tax Collector - Sandi Rossi
The 2011 meeting schedules for the Board and the Planning Commission were set. The Board of Supervisors will meet on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 7:30 PM with a possible third meeting (if necessary) on the fourth Thursday. Thirty or 60 minute workshops may be scheduled before or immediately after the regular meetings.
The meeting schedules for the Standing Committees (of the BoS) were established as follows:
- Public Safety - second Wednesday - 7:15 PM - Gioia is the senior member
- Finance & Administration – first Monday – 4:30 PM - Chuss is the senior member
- Community Relations - second Tuesday – 9:30 AM - Howell is the senior member
- Parks & Recreation - second Wednesday - 6:00 PM - Billings is the senior member
- Public Works - second Wednesday - 7:40 AM - Egolf is the senior member
All meetings will be held at the Municipal Building.
The Planning Commission will meet on the second Thursday at 7:00 PM and the workshop sessions, which will be treated in the same manner as regular meetings, are set for the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM.
PEMA’s Emergency Operations Plan was re-adopted. It is unchanged from last year.
- Emergency Management Coordinator - Richard Bassett
- Assistant Emergency Management Coordinators - Tim Weis & Bryan Weis
The Board authorized payment of routine bills that may have penalties or interest if they are not paid before the next BoS meeting.
The Municipal Building's daily hours (open the public) were set at 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Office employees’ hours range between 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Hours for the Director of Public Works and for Public Works employees can vary from the standard hours (due to inclement weather, etc.)
Yet More Appointments: all votes 5:0
- Fire Chief - Charles Chapman
- Deputy Fire Chief - Dan Dawson
- Zoning Enforcement Officer, Building Code Official - Tim Weis
- Flood Plain Permit Officer - Scott Muller - Gilmore & Associates
- Assistant Zoning Officers - Matt Miller & Loretta Fuehrer
- Sewer Enforcement Officer - Scott Muller - Gilmore & Associates
- Electrical Inspectors - Keystone Electric
The wages & benefits packages of both the uniformed (police) and non-uniformed employees were re-affirmed.
The following appointments was made:
- Vacancy Board - David Hoff - one year term - (incumbent and only applicant)
The Zoning Hearing Board will meet as needed on the second and third Mondays at 7:30 PM. (Zoning Hearing notices are advertised on an individual basis.)
Lastly, these appointments were made:
- Board of Supervisors' Voting Representative at PSATS (Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors) Annual Convention - Rick Schnaedter
- Principal to attend TRCOGS (Two Rivers Council of Governments) quarterly meetings - David Howell
- Alternate to attend TRCOGS - Bob Egolf
Sunday, December 05, 2010
The BoS appointed two new members of the Planning Commission. Welcome to Eric Konecke and Asher Seip to the Planning Commission. Eric is a new member and Asher was given a 4 year appointment. Read Adam Clark of the Morning Call account of the appointments
A large crowd braved the cold weather to hear the Shawnee and Forks Elementary school choir sing Christmas carols. Additionally, the large crowd witnessed the lighting of our Christmas tree and the arrival of Santa compliments of the Forks Fire Department.
It was a great night!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
On a 5 to 0 vote, the board tentatively approved the 2011 budget. The 2011 budget will be posted on the Forks Township website and must be made available for public inspection for 20 days prior to final adoption.
More than likely, the final 2011 budget will be approved at the December 16, 2010 BoS meeting.
Friday, November 05, 2010
Read Tony Nauroth of the Express-Times account of the Bos public discussion with the Forks Planning Commission and many township residents regarding the latest draft of the Historical Ordnance.
It was very interesting debate, as all of the property owners wanted a voluntary program to preserve historical properties within Forks Township.