I read in the local papers (and on the FAC website and blog) that Strausser Enterprises has requested a Public Hearing before the Board of Supervisors and the Planning Commission regarding a zoning change for 25 residential acres near his golf course and the Segal & Morel Riverview Estates developments. I don't really know what a Public Hearing means. For example:
- Is it really a public AIRING?
- Can re-zoning be voted on at that hearing?
- Can re-zoning be voted on at the meeting right after the hearing?
- Don't zoning changes have to go before the Zoning Hearing Board?
- Does the public have an opportunity to question or add opinions?
- What is the time frame of everything involved in the process?
It seems like time is of the essence. Can anyone help me to understand what's really happening?